Hotels and Tourism Association
Become a fan of The US Virgin Islands Hotel & Tourism Association on Facebook
Nyka Etienne - Coordinator
US Virgin Islands Hotel & Tourism AssociationThank you for visiting the US Virgin Islands Hotel & Tourism Association website. The Hotel & Tourism Association is the unifying voice of the hospitality industry. This trade association serves more than 250 members. A board of directors selected by the membership annually governs the association. We seek to promote, educate and inform our membership to enhance the business environment in the Virgin Islands. We encourage membership participation in order to stimulate and encourage tourism in the Virgin Islands.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What exactly is the Hotel & Tourism association?The US Virgin Islands Hotel & Tourism Association is a not-for-profit corporation, which serves as the unifying organization for hotels, guest houses, inns, condominiums, campgrounds and other tourism related business in St. Thomas, St. John and St. Croix - The United States Virgin Islands.The Hotel & Tourism Association is a not for profit trade association which serves as the unifying organization for the accommodations and tourism related businesses. Our mission is to represent, protect, promote and educate our more than 200 members who directly or indirectly employ over 8,000 ladies & gentlemen.
- When was the Association Founded?The Association was officially incorporated in 1981, however the association exists unofficially since 1950. The first president was Alton Adams Sr.
- What are some of the benefits of membership?A few of the most obvious benefits of membership are networking, marketing, training and advocacy.
- Where can we access statistical information on hotels & the VI Tourism industry?The Bureau of Economic Research has the most comprehensive and accurate statistical information on the USVI Tourism industry visit their website at http://www.gov.vi/ber/
- How much does membership cost?Allied membership starts at $390.00 annually. Dues may be more based on the number of employees or gross income. Hotel membership cost $ 31.00 per room for hotels with 16 rooms or more. Hotels of less than 16 rooms are charged $ 125.00 per quarter.
- The Association is affiliated with what organizations?The American Hotel & Lodging Association, The American Society of Travel Agents, The National Restaurant Association and The Caribbean Hotel Association.
- Does the association perform job placements?The association does not perform job placement services.
- Is the association a governmental agency?The association is a not for profit trade association and is not a governmental agency.
- What is the physical location of the association?The Association is located at Al Cohens Plaza, Raphune Hill, Building 2 Bay 304 St.Thomas.
- How is the Association operated?The association has three full time staff members and three part-time staff members. The President and Board of Directors are elected by the membership. The board, which consist of 19 members meets on a monthly basis.